Seasons greetings all !!

Support for hardware and software issues. Ask your question and (hopefully) someone will give you an answer.
Kev

Seasons greetings all !!

Post by Kev »

Don't know where to post this --- this looks like the most read section these days --- so .

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all the 3Viewers !!
May the force be with you --- and continue to be with you ...
Regards

Barry The Sprout
Site Admin

Re: Seasons greetings all !!

Post by Barry The Sprout »

Happy Xmas Drunkeness to you too. Bit quiet around here... must mean something is working right then if there are no complaints. :D

And surely if it is 3View it should be "May the farce be with you"?
No one on this forum has ever worked for 3View CE Ltd, we've no association with that dead company. We just own boxes like you. We're a band of hackers trying to get the hardware we have paid for to work. We are doing this for free in our spare time

Kev

Post by Kev »

Hi Barry The Sprout good to see you around !!
My 3view is in a box in the attic which is a real shame ---I came across a Humax 9150 for a couple of quid which is perfect in the kitchen.
Who knows one day the 3View will have a new life !!!
Take care ..live long and prosper and yes agree with the farce bit !!
Regards

ricinus

Post by ricinus »

Hi Barry and Kev
Merry Christmas

This is the hardest time of the year for my 3view - with it only being able to record one thing at a time (and further to that all the repeats that get picked up as duplicate clashing recordings). It is especially bad as now the USB tuner on my PC has broken too.

I was going to get the new 3-tuner Humax but a lot of comments say the EPG is really slow which would annoy me.

Kev

Post by Kev »

Hi ricinus good to see you too !!
I couldn't manage with just one recording device !!
We have a Pace 3100 with a card that never got turned off,an unreliable Thomson TopUpTV recorder,a View21 PVR which works now that I've stopped it picking up Irish TV and the Humax in the kitchen that has a nasty habit of missing the end of programmes --- must set a guard time on it.
Good luck with any recordings --- after all ,it's only TV but try telling that to the better half when we miss recording Luther .
Thank heavens for +1hr and catch up ---- how did we manage before ...
Take care.

Regards

Barry The Sprout
Site Admin

Post by Barry The Sprout »

@ricinus - why's your box so lazy that it only does single recordings? Though if you have actually found two things to watch in these Xmas schedules you have done well.

I think this is probably the first xmas in a long time I haven't setup any recordings on the box.
No one on this forum has ever worked for 3View CE Ltd, we've no association with that dead company. We just own boxes like you. We're a band of hackers trying to get the hardware we have paid for to work. We are doing this for free in our spare time

ricinus

Post by ricinus »

Barry The Sprout wrote:@ricinus - why's your box so lazy that it only does single recordings? Though if you have actually found two things to watch in these Xmas schedules you have done well.
you make a good point there but my Dad is down and he doesn't like anything we do so it's best if I record at least some of it.

I don't know why the box will not record two things. I've mentioned it before - it is not that I have completely lost a tuner as I can move around the channels without a problem whilst something is recording. However if I set two things then one of them will fail. I've done some tests on the same or different muxes without anything conclusive. Kev's right with +1 channels, repeats and catchup it is not a problem often.