Interference

Support for hardware and software issues. Ask your question and (hopefully) someone will give you an answer.
ricinus

Interference

Post by ricinus »

I might be the last person using a 3view but it's about to come to an end.

We've had a few reception problems over the last few years so when there was glitching on the some channels the other day I thought nothing of it. Then I noticed that it was worse whilst the box was on (but only while watching through the TV not via the HDMI on the box). Then last night the glitching was on all channels viewing through the TV and when the box was turned on the signal broke up completely.

I plugged the aerial directly into the TV and the problem went away. So the box has suddenly started outputting a massive amount of interference.

After all this time I still haven't chosen a replacement so it's time to stick a pin in the Argos catalogue and get one.

Barry The Sprout
Site Admin

Re: Interference

Post by Barry The Sprout »

I probably have a spare tuner somewhere if you want me to have a look.

This forum is full of tumbleweed.... (And I'll be honest... I haven't turned on my box in ages... is there even anything worth watch on the TV? :D)
No one on this forum has ever worked for 3View CE Ltd, we've no association with that dead company. We just own boxes like you. We're a band of hackers trying to get the hardware we have paid for to work. We are doing this for free in our spare time

ricinus

Post by ricinus »

Thanks Barry but I am assuming the problem lies in the aerial loop-through area of the box.

I do seem to record more than I watch !!

ricinus

Post by ricinus »

looks like the box is not ready to die yet.

I pulled it out of the cabinet and propped it on a box and reconnected the aerial. There was NO interference. I then pushed it back on top of the DVD/surround sound machine and the interference started up again.

I have found a position where everything is OK. I now assume there is something emitting from the DVD/surround.

[as an aside I thought I'd killed the BBC. Just as I moved one of the wires whilst I was doing all this the TV went completely blank. Then up popped a message saying BBC2 was off air. Scared the hell out of me!]

Barry The Sprout
Site Admin

Post by Barry The Sprout »

You could try some basic shielding and pop some metal, tinfoil, etc underneath the box.

As to BBC off air - so it was you who broke SpringWatch last night! :D
No one on this forum has ever worked for 3View CE Ltd, we've no association with that dead company. We just own boxes like you. We're a band of hackers trying to get the hardware we have paid for to work. We are doing this for free in our spare time

ricinus

Post by ricinus »

yep guilty :oops: