purchased from the hut

News and information as it becomes available.
domvar

Re: purchased from the hut

Post by domvar » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:58 am

What is the surround like ?

domvar

Post by domvar » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:06 pm

What is the surround like ?

I'm picking up a FOX HDR T2 500gb from Richer sounds tonight £244.95 2 year warranty honoured by the shop just have to wait for my £169.99 back from the hut after they pick up the 3view tomorrow.

Sorry to Jump ship on 3view but the Humax sold me on the being able to use external hd as PVR drive, ability to replace internal HD with 2tb drive once warranty runs out, wireless dongle and most of all the working 5.1.

I hope all you guys sticking with 3view get some sort of resolution from them soon the box showed genuine promise.

I did think about going back to my virgin media box but they wanted £50 to switch the damned thing back on.

Bob

Post by Bob » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:06 pm

domvar wrote:What is the surround like ?
I use a home cinema unit,

digitl

Post by digitl » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:11 pm

domvar wrote:I'm picking up a FOX HDR T2 500gb from Richer sounds tonight £244.95 2 year warranty honoured by the shop
If you're going that route, have you had a look at http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/prodCat.as ... type=hdstb ?
Frank (aka Admin)

domvar

Post by domvar » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:47 pm

Thanks, but re-cond £199 with 1 year less warranty the extra 45 quid doesn't seem to bad and I need it tonight as 3view being picked up tomorrow and can't not have HD PVR when the doctor Who xmas special is on.

oldcodge

Post by oldcodge » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:15 pm

domvar wrote: Sorry to Jump ship on 3view but the Humax sold me on the being able to use external hd as PVR drive, ability to replace internal HD with 2tb drive once warranty runs out, wireless dongle and most of all the working 5.1.
Fair enough, fwiw you can put a 2tb drive in the 3view too - I've done it and it works fine. As there is insufficient space for a 3.5" drive inside the box I ended up putting a 1tb 2.5" drive in which also works just fine. :)

Barry The Sprout
Site Admin

Post by Barry The Sprout » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:59 pm

oldcodge wrote:Fair enough, fwiw you can put a 2tb drive in the 3view too - I've done it and it works fine. As there is insufficient space for a 3.5" drive inside the box I ended up putting a 1tb 2.5" drive in which also works just fine. :)
Hacksaw, blow torch, Dremel, gaffa tape.... and any hard drive can fit any PVR. :mrgreen:
No one on this forum has ever worked for 3View CE Ltd, we've no association with that dead company. We just own boxes like you. We're a band of hackers trying to get the hardware we have paid for to work. We are doing this for free in our spare time

domvar

Post by domvar » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:07 am

Well Humax is installed and the surround sound is working perfectly blue light from the amp. It's a sad day the 3view goes back tomorrow.

Things I will miss are the zooms on the epg and the ability to renumber the channels

I won't miss the echo crackle stutter when the audio changes on hd channels and checking to see if AC3 is fixed yet.

Like I said before good luck every one

Technogran

Post by Technogran » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:31 pm

gcpete wrote:If I were going to swap boxes it would be to digital stream. they seem to have been responsive, though the firmware upgrade process was/is a little tricky. Humax may as well be bust for all the help/support they seem to give there customers.

peter
I second that remark!

Technogran

Post by Technogran » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:38 pm

Crucial wrote:Interesting digtl, It seems they share an address with the BBC, which is reassuring.

I think I would be ok taking it back to John Lewis with a simular argument, 'Not fit for purpose' there customer care is good, and they did offer the 2 year warranty, problem is, Which will I get instead.?

My 3view does nearly all required, and it does not crash any where as much as it did. I was just holding out for that AC3 thingy, and then It would be complete for me.

There a lot of features which I don't use, and probably never use. I do have hope that what I need maybe will be available one day, but its a tall order to expect to find a person(s) who are going to be able to get the token turned on, (I know some guys out there a trying). so I have to start thinking of changing it for something that does.

I think 1 year is a fair time to wait, some have waited longer.

Or maybe you would swap the other 3view box you have that does have AC3 working with me, I can assure you, mine is full of lots Sooty and Doctor Who...oh and the wifes Midsummer Murders. :mrgreen:
Hey! Don't knock Midsomer Murders! I love it! :mrgreen: Actually I think that as long as my trusty 3View unit keeps going until 'YouView' begins to show, then I'll be happy. Let's hope that some of the more technical guys can keep it all going for us. So far, mine is running like a dream and has recorded everything I ever set it. Unlike some of you guys, I have never been bothered about all the bells and whistles. I just wanted a Freeview HD PVR that records everything I set it to with a fantastic picture to boot, and that's all there in the 3View unit. Surround sound would have been nice, but there again, at the moment, its hit and miss when its used, so its not important to me.

TG :)