3View Orphans

News and information as it becomes available.
mb1

Re: 3View Orphans

Post by mb1 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:33 pm

Barry The Sprout wrote:We will need to use something like MediaFire, SendSpace or one of those file hosting sites for firmware sized files. They can be annoying with the adverts and waiting, but a 200MB file would be expensive to host elsewhere. Would eat bandwidth quotas up fast.

Tah-dah http://www.multiupload.com/YGXI7BEOTL

Priz

Post by Priz » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:43 pm

The last beta appears to still be live ==> http://www.simplyglobaltv.com/upgrades/simply8654T2/simply8654t2_trunk_37956-1_201108211726.bin

Here are some older URL's I still have cached that still work:
http://www.simplyglobaltv.com/upgrades/simply8654T2/simply8654t2_trunk_37956-1_201108211726.bin
http://www.simplyglobaltv.com/upgrades/simply8654t2/simply8654t2_trunk_36997-1_201106201506.bin

I have other URL's but the files appear to have been removed.

Get it while it's hot!!

Priz

Barry The Sprout
Site Admin

Post by Barry The Sprout » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:48 pm

Priz - did you not notice the post I made on page 2. I grabbed the whole "release notes" from the old 3view.com forum, including the link, from Google's Cache.

Not sure if it is worth posting older beta's as they could cause people trouble. A link to that last "release" version may be useful though.

mb1 - the "multiupload.com" site looks very handy for future use. Assuming this is a "free to upload" type site?
No one on this forum has ever worked for 3View CE Ltd, we've no association with that dead company. We just own boxes like you. We're a band of hackers trying to get the hardware we have paid for to work. We are doing this for free in our spare time

mb1

Post by mb1 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:59 pm

Barry The Sprout wrote:mb1 - the "multiupload.com" site looks very handy for future use. Assuming this is a "free to upload" type site?

Yes, 100% free. The other beta posted here will probably get uploaded there shortly too. I have no sympathy for the company as it stands for treating their customers like this.

Is it worth other people archiving the important posts through Google Cache? I can only do so many! Good news that oldcodge is here.

Barry The Sprout
Site Admin

Post by Barry The Sprout » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:10 am

@mb1 - you may not like the company, but clearly you have never found yourself as an employee in that situation. Or never run a company yourself. Sometimes conditions are tough and obviously the last thing that they wanted to do was loose their customers. None of us really know everything about what happened, so I don't know how you can be so judgemental. This conversation has been run a dozen times on the old 3view.com site which is no doubt why it finally got locked. I can't be bothered to enter discussions on this as it would help if we can keep things civil here. We are trying to look forwards, not backwards.
No one on this forum has ever worked for 3View CE Ltd, we've no association with that dead company. We just own boxes like you. We're a band of hackers trying to get the hardware we have paid for to work. We are doing this for free in our spare time

mb1

Post by mb1 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:15 am

Barry The Sprout wrote:@mb1 - you may not like the company, but clearly you have never found yourself as an employee in that situation. Or never run a company yourself. Sometimes conditions are tough and obviously the last thing that they wanted to do was loose their customers. None of us really know everything about what happened, so I don't know how you can be so judgemental. This conversation has been run a dozen times on the old 3view.com site which is no doubt why it finally got locked. I can't be bothered to enter discussions on this as it would help if we can keep things civil here. We are trying to look forwards, not backwards.

...and you know what about me? Or whether I've ever run a company myself? Anyway, as you say, let's keep things civil. My point being that all they had to do was be honest and communicate - this should be the case in good times and bad, companies big and small.

mb1

Post by mb1 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:40 am

Barry The Sprout
Site Admin

Post by Barry The Sprout » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:52 am

@mb1 - Nice one on the uploads. can I suggest you create a "Firmware download" thread. Add your links and the official ones also posted above into one post. Will then be easier to find. Your links can then kick in when the official disappears. :)

Maybe do a simple "copy to USB and stick in the box" set of instructions for the noobs to follow.

mb1

Post by mb1 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:27 am

Barry The Sprout wrote:@mb1 - Nice one on the uploads. can I suggest you create a "Firmware download" thread. Add your links and the official ones also posted above into one post.

Done. Any chance of your Remote Windows Application making a re-appearance on this site and over at Digital Spy please? I never had the chance to try it and it looked really good.

mpooley

Post by mpooley » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:12 pm

I have the upgrade on a usb stick at the moment as I had only just upgraded.
Unfortunately for me my box crashed the other night and I cant revive it.

I cant get past the boot screen
I have tried holding the power button down whilst powering up but then i dont even get a boot screen.

I have also emailed the hut for my money back and i will try to claim through my credit card as it looks like my one is dead.

any ideas what i could do to revive it would be appreciated.

thanks

Mike