Purchased from Amazon

News and information as it becomes available.
athomson

Purchased from Amazon

Post by athomson » Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:18 pm

I want to return my 3view to Amazon as it says on the box it has TouTube, Twitter and Facebook access. Well YouTube is not fully working even now I get videos not found. Facebook has never been an option as far as I recall. I purchased it on the 21st of March 2011. I see its not a simple return via the web site. I think I will neet to talk to a real person. I will search for an email or phone number soon.

Andy

domvar

Re: Purchased from Amazon

Post by domvar » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:54 pm

I had a similar thing with amazon lately use the chat function, open the chat with the title sale of goods act.

They are really helpful and should authorise your return via the screen.

athomson

Post by athomson » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:13 pm

I did some checking and sent an email with my order number and quoted the sale of goods act. I am hoping something good will come of it, just wait and see ;)

Andy

athomson

Post by athomson » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:03 am

I had an email from Amazon stating that as it was forfilled by 3view they cant replace it only offer a refund, thats OK thats what I want. So there is a link to print a returns lable and make arrangements for a collection at the Yodel (courier) site. As soon as my Humax Fox is here thats what I will do. Things are looking up for me :) Shame the box did not live up to its hype though.

Andy

Crucial

Post by Crucial » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:29 pm

I changed mine at JL just after Christmas, Andy, you will not be dissapointed, there are so many nice features (too many to name)......though dont expect all MKV files to play, but all other AC3 files play real nice, oh and the Dolby surround (if you have the surround set up) is AWESOME.

best of luck with all and maybe see you on the Humax forums,

Adam

athomson

Post by athomson » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:52 am

Got my Humax sent my 3view back as 'not as described'. The only thing the Humax does not do is web browsing, which I have never used very much other than testing. The other on-line features are there. I have set up a few timers, and its been great all evening. I did try a few videos from my NAS drive and it played all of them even the ones with AC3 sound, I would think I will be pleased with photos and music too. It was a great buy :D

Andy

samiam

Post by samiam » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Just thought I'd say my 3View Box is still working (I haven't said anything for a while),

Sam.

athomson

Post by athomson » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm

I jumped ship so to speak because 3view went quiet and it looked like development stopped so to cut and run seemed a good option to me. It has not worked out bad at all, the FOX-T2 seems a great bit of kit. It does all I want and a bit more and updates are still comming.

Andy

latts

Post by latts » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:44 am

The tuners went on one of my boxes, contacted Amazon who gave me a full refund, now purchased a FOX HDT2 pvr

Bob

Post by Bob » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:02 am

Samsung PVRs are worth looking at,most of the models have the Samsung SMART function with dozens of online apps