Current state of play

News and information as it becomes available.
digitl

Current state of play

Post by digitl » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:13 pm

I'm trying to discover exactly what is happening with respect to 3view. Once I have any news I can pass on, I will post it on here.

The last concrete news I had was that there were difficulties with the supply of hard drives and they were working hard to overcome them. Without a supply, there is no product. Without a product...

In the meantime, as others have pointed out, speculation such as that on other forums is pretty much pointless.
Frank (aka Admin)

Bob

Re: Current state of play

Post by Bob » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:18 pm

After teething problems the box operates ok pity about the present difficulties,the sales problem I've always thought existed due to lack of retailers,how can a new product succeed with only 3 retailers initially & little advertising?,I don't mind buying online but many are very wary giving bank details online especially for such a large amount?

Wilf

Post by Wilf » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:35 pm

just one item of note relating to the company listing.

it appears 3view CE Ltd filed a change of name with companies house at the start of the month (01/12/2011) and that change was dated 21/11/2011 - no sign of what the change is on the company listing.

http://www.opencorporates.com/companies/gb/07473060
http://data.companieshouse.gov.uk/doc/company/07473060

Barry The Sprout
Site Admin

Post by Barry The Sprout » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:30 pm

As per the normal mis-quoting of Mark Twain "The reports of 3View's death are an exaggeration".

I would not be surprised if there are connections with http://home-interactive.com/ about to appear.

The important part to me has always been that there was nothing at Companies House to say it was all over. :)
No one on this forum has ever worked for 3View CE Ltd, we've no association with that dead company. We just own boxes like you. We're a band of hackers trying to get the hardware we have paid for to work. We are doing this for free in our spare time

digitl

Post by digitl » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:40 pm

It's not all over.
Frank (aka Admin)

samiam

Post by samiam » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Admin wrote:It's not all over.
You are doing it again Digitl :)

Sam.

damonq2

Post by damonq2 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:36 pm

samiam wrote:

Sam.
I'm not entirely sure that Digitl is being cryptic. I suppose we don't actually know, for an absolute fact, that they (3view CE Ltd) have ceased trading. It's just that the outlook is very bleak.

There's a whole heap of other stuff that might suggest things are not as they should be (LinkedIn profiles showing evidence that the MD/Co-owner has moved on and the Technical Director has also moved on, bits of the website degrading over time [videos] and the forum becoming permanently inaccessible, the fact the previous MD/Co-owner is now listed as MD and Owner of a company - at the same postal address - whose product appears to bear some relation with the stated aims and functionality of the 3view box [LinkedIn], the fact that the customer helpline is down, the fact that support tickets are going unanswered) but nothing definitive.

To go back to one of your earlier posts Sam, you said "I don't known whether to feel cross or foolish". I definitely feel cross. Extremely cross.

As I think I posted across on the 3view forum I contacted Mr Donovan at the end of August with a very supportive email, saying how appreciative I was of the service we were getting and very understanding regarding the complexity of the finished product they were trying to deliver. I urged them to engage with the customer base and I got a very nice, and immediate response back from him which I thanked him for and again he replied some hours later (this discussion was taking place after 5pm on a Friday and went into the weekend).

In light of recent events I contacted Mr Donovan twice asking for clarity regarding the situation and have had no response.

Whilst I remained fairly happy that that the box would develop further - even if it wasn't currently delivering all it promised on the packaging/in the manual/on the 3view website - the recent shift in the situation has meant I have lost all faith in the product and the company. And whilst I admire the steps taken to continue a community around the box, to support users and even see what can be done to develop/fix the box I'm afraid this is the moment I must start looking for an alternative.

Which won't be easy because I've grown very used to the functionality the box has provided. But I nevertheless feel very angry at the missing functionality that the box will never provide (things that I specifically bought the box for).

I have referred the whole matter to Consumer Direct who have, in turn, told me they've contacted Trading Standard.

Damon.

digitl

Post by digitl » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:44 pm

samiam wrote:

Sam.
I'm simply stating fact. The fat lady hasn't yet sung. No-one has provided me with proof that 3view has ceased trading. The signs are not good, agreed, but all I'm reading is conjecture.

As for anyone being annoyed, I started with a pre-production box that cost me just short of £300. I've set up a support website and now this forum as I feel (note the present tense) that a start-up company with a product that holds (present tense again) so much promise deserves (present tense) to be given a chance. Do I feel annoyed at where I find myself? To a degree, yes. Is there any point in name calling and kicking the cat? I don't think so. Should I just give in and get my spare time back? No. I don't know it's all over. The fat lady etc.

What really annoys me is being accused in 'other places', by posters who seem to have an axe to grind against 3view, of showing bias on 3viewpvr.info when all I've ever done is report fact as far as I could ascertain it. Their apparent pleasure in repeatedly reporting 3view's difficulties and how they told us so is 'disappointing' to say the least.

There, now. I feel better!
Frank (aka Admin)

Bob

Post by Bob » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:15 am

Theres a comment in this forum ,which I cannot find, about looking at Google map of the London 3view building & commenting on I assume its size, why should they be based in a shining tower block? Size isn't everything! All they need is a small administration set up as manufacturing is done in far off Hungary?

domvar

Post by domvar » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:08 pm

Bob wrote:Theres a comment in this forum ,which I cannot find, about looking at Google map of the London 3view building & commenting on I assume its size, why should they be based in a shining tower block? Size isn't everything! All they need is a small administration set up as manufacturing is done in far off Hungary?
It's because that is not their address it's a mail handling company that looks after their correspondance