Current state of play

News and information as it becomes available.
Barry The Sprout
Site Admin

Re: Current state of play

Post by Barry The Sprout » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:59 pm

The "London Office" is a standard practice to give a "London Address" for a company, while the actual work is distributed. 3View have no need for a massive office and the costs of it. Manufacturing in Hungary, Programming in California, Sales via Amazon. Websites and Forums means support can be handled from anywhere there is an internet connection. All about keeping costs down.
No one on this forum has ever worked for 3View CE Ltd, we've no association with that dead company. We just own boxes like you. We're a band of hackers trying to get the hardware we have paid for to work. We are doing this for free in our spare time

samiam

Post by samiam » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:00 pm

digitl wrote:
samiam wrote:
Admin wrote:It's not all over.

You are doing it again Digitl :)

Sam.

I'm simply stating fact. The fat lady hasn't yet sung. No-one has provided me with proof that 3view has ceased trading. The signs are not good, agreed, but all I'm reading is conjecture.

As for anyone being annoyed, I started with a pre-production box that cost me just short of £300. I've set up a support website and now this forum as I feel (note the present tense) that a start-up company with a product that holds (present tense again) so much promise deserves (present tense) to be given a chance. Do I feel annoyed at where I find myself? To a degree, yes. Is there any point in name calling and kicking the cat? I don't think so. Should I just give in and get my spare time back? No. I don't know it's all over. The fat lady etc.

What really annoys me is being accused in 'other places', by posters who seem to have an axe to grind against 3view, of showing bias on 3viewpvr.info when all I've ever done is report fact as far as I could ascertain it. Their apparent pleasure in repeatedly reporting 3view's difficulties and how they told us so is 'disappointing' to say the least.

There, now. I feel better!

Note the smiley face by my post.

As one of the early adopters I feel the need to also express my disappointment but during the difficult times have always been supportive and bigged up the Box (also being accused of some bias). I am somewhat deflated now but will persevere as my Box has been very reliable. Currently You Tube, iPlayer, recordings (apart from the duplicate ones) working well. HD quality is marvellous. Accessing My Music/Videos/pictures is fluent. EPG up to date. My biggest worry is iPlayer falling away. Not interested in Sky and to be honest widgets are not me. Got a laptop for all that. Tell you what though I would miss the "3View family" if we all disappeared,

Sam.

digitl

Post by digitl » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:53 pm

samiam wrote:Note the smiley face by my post.

Don't worry: I didn't miss it!

samiam wrote:As one of the early adopters I feel the need to also express my disappointment

Absolutely not a problem and quite understandable.

samiam wrote:Tell you what though I would miss the "3View family" if we all disappeared

Which is why I set up this forum (as well as to try to keep people informed and to see if we can help each other out of any problems we might encounter).

Unfortunately, setting it up seems to have revived the suspicion that I'm part of 3view which, as I have explained numerous times before, I'm not.
Frank (aka Admin)

Barry The Sprout
Site Admin

Post by Barry The Sprout » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:12 pm

digitl wrote:Unfortunately, setting it up seems to have revived the suspicion that I'm part of 3view which, as I have explained numerous times before, I'm not.
There are too many people out there who are just suspicious of anyone doing something because they are just nice and helpful.
No one on this forum has ever worked for 3View CE Ltd, we've no association with that dead company. We just own boxes like you. We're a band of hackers trying to get the hardware we have paid for to work. We are doing this for free in our spare time

Kev

Post by Kev » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:07 pm

Nice to be here --- good Christmas all.
Will watch and read with interest .
Regards

athomson

Post by athomson » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:57 am

I will be watching and reading most days, we have some very capable people here and we can hope to see some good things in time. Happy holidays to all, hope our wishes come true.

Andy

Crucial

Post by Crucial » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:32 pm

athomson wrote:I will be watching and reading most days, we have some very capable people here and we can hope to see some good things in time. Happy holidays to all, hope our wishes come true.

Andy

I wish for a tall brunette with big boobs, oh and AC3, please.

Wilf

Post by Wilf » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:46 pm

Crucial wrote:I wish for a tall brunette with big boobs

Simon Cowell?

Kev

Post by Kev » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:55 pm

Crucial.
At least you got yout priorities right !!
Regards

Crucial

Post by Crucial » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:33 pm

Wilf wrote:
Crucial wrote:I wish for a tall brunette with big boobs

Simon Cowell?

Sick puppy :mrgreen: