Current state of play

News and information as it becomes available.
Barry The Sprout
Site Admin

Re: Current state of play

Post by Barry The Sprout » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:33 am

athomson wrote:I wonder if that is really the end of the road for our 3view boxes now :cry:

Andy
I doubt it. It is the same company, so they are still liable for the warranties. And I expect they would still finish the 3View boxes off as the money is invested. Look at the www.home-interactive.com of John's and it is clear they still have plans for the 3View hardware.

View CE Ltd is a slightly odd name though - will be tricky to get a decent URL for that.
No one on this forum has ever worked for 3View CE Ltd, we've no association with that dead company. We just own boxes like you. We're a band of hackers trying to get the hardware we have paid for to work. We are doing this for free in our spare time

Bob

Post by Bob » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:44 am

Same people running it but legally it's a different company

Barry The Sprout
Site Admin

Post by Barry The Sprout » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:08 pm

Bob wrote:Same people running it but legally it's a different company
As they still have the same Registered Company Number, doesn't that make them the "same company" as before just with a name change?

I am certainly not a lawyer, but as I'd understand it, what has occurred here is more cosmetic than anything else. The company is still the same company owning the same assets and liabilities. Just now trading under a different name. Just a change to the headed paper and nothing else.

Now last year when they scrapped the old 3View Ltd and replaced it with 3View CE Ltd - now that was a full on different company which would not have had any of the previous company's assets or liabilities except the ones they had purchased from the old company.
No one on this forum has ever worked for 3View CE Ltd, we've no association with that dead company. We just own boxes like you. We're a band of hackers trying to get the hardware we have paid for to work. We are doing this for free in our spare time

digitl

Post by digitl » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:12 pm

As far I can see, the label on the tin has changed but the contents are the same.
Frank (aka Admin)

samiam

Post by samiam » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:39 pm

Any chance of asking them?

Sam.

Bob

Post by Bob » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:44 pm

You jest Sam!

Technogran

Post by Technogran » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:09 pm

samiam wrote:

Note the smiley face by my post.

As one of the early adopters I feel the need to also express my disappointment but during the difficult times have always been supportive and bigged up the Box (also being accused of some bias). I am somewhat deflated now but will persevere as my Box has been very reliable. Currently You Tube, iPlayer, recordings (apart from the duplicate ones) working well. HD quality is marvellous. Accessing My Music/Videos/pictures is fluent. EPG up to date. My biggest worry is iPlayer falling away. Not interested in Sky and to be honest widgets are not me. Got a laptop for all that. Tell you what though I would miss the "3View family" if we all disappeared,

Sam.
[/quote]

So would I Sam, and I hope we can all keep in touch if its bad news. I'm also hoping that some of the more 'technically' minded guys who are on here can find a way of keeping the unit going. I love mine, and will admit I am very sad about it all. I have never contacted John, it was always Ed who I was in touch with, he even sent me a big bunch of flowers when I was ill this year with cancer, and although I never managed to meet him personally, I did like him. I have tried to contact him over the state of affairs, but sadly no response. :cry:

So here I am guys, one of the few female geeks around, and hoping that we can all stick together come what may.

TG

samiam

Post by samiam » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:21 pm

Technogran wrote:
samiam wrote:

Note the smiley face by my post.

As one of the early adopters I feel the need to also express my disappointment but during the difficult times have always been supportive and bigged up the Box (also being accused of some bias). I am somewhat deflated now but will persevere as my Box has been very reliable. Currently You Tube, iPlayer, recordings (apart from the duplicate ones) working well. HD quality is marvellous. Accessing My Music/Videos/pictures is fluent. EPG up to date. My biggest worry is iPlayer falling away. Not interested in Sky and to be honest widgets are not me. Got a laptop for all that. Tell you what though I would miss the "3View family" if we all disappeared,

Sam.
So would I Sam, and I hope we can all keep in touch if its bad news. I'm also hoping that some of the more 'technically' minded guys who are on here can find a way of keeping the unit going. I love mine, and will admit I am very sad about it all. I have never contacted John, it was always Ed who I was in touch with, he even sent me a big bunch of flowers when I was ill this year with cancer, and although I never managed to meet him personally, I did like him. I have tried to contact him over the state of affairs, but sadly no response. :cry:

So here I am guys, one of the few female geeks around, and hoping that we can all stick together come what may.

TG[/quote]

I was waiting for you to arrive :D

Sam

samiam

Post by samiam » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Bob wrote:You jest Sam!
Many a true word said in jest,

Sam.

gcpete

Post by gcpete » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:03 pm