Current state of play

News and information as it becomes available.
Technogran

Re: Current state of play

Post by Technogran » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:24 am

Hurray! Perhaps things are looking up at last!

larkim

Post by larkim » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:22 pm

Don't get too carried away. JD is the sole director of the "new" 3view, but there would be many reasons why he would want to do this, perhaps mainly just to retain the 3view brand name for the future being the main one.

The company is registered at what appears to be his home address.

They do need to update their website now though, as the Ltd company stuff on the bottom is now not true.

Matt
2 x 3view PVR, both on CodgeView. Winter Hill region.

Bob

Post by Bob » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:45 pm

Technogran wrote:Hurray! Perhaps things are looking up at last!

Dont't think so! On Amazon now Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

gcpete

Post by gcpete » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:16 pm

Although you would expect that if new boxes were coming as well as they would not be supplied by 3view ce ltd but by 3view tv ltd. So it stands to reason that 3view ce ltd wount have any more in stock.

Peter

Wilf

Post by Wilf » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:39 am

What would this mean for returns?

I don't know which company I actually bought it from other than it was called 3view something or other - there have been what, 4 now?

Simply Global tv limited>3view limited>simply global tv limited - voluntary liquidation
http://opencorporates.com/companies/gb/05881233

3view limited>3view TV limited - dissolved
http://opencorporates.com/companies/gb/06952157

3VIEW CONSUMER ELECTRONICS LTD >View Ltd. - active
http://opencorporates.com/companies/gb/07473060

3view TV Ltd. - active
http://opencorporates.com/companies/gb/07896725

None of these appear to have gone bust, though 2 have, or are being wound up by choice.
If we weren't locked out of the forum, or had received at least some form of communication, I'd feel a bit more confident...

Bob

Post by Bob » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:18 am

gcpete wrote:Although you would expect that if new boxes were coming as well as they would not be supplied by 3view ce ltd but by 3view tv ltd. So it stands to reason that 3view ce ltd wount have any more in stock.

Peter

Ever the optimist!

gcpete

Post by gcpete » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:43 pm

Not really, just pointing out that I 3view ce ltd no longer exists so new boxes if there are any would come from view ltd or 3view tv ltd,

Peter

mpailthorpe

Post by mpailthorpe » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:33 am

So who can tell me whats going on? My original 3view box has frozen and won't get beyond the 3view logo page when rebooting (and yes, have tried holding the power button when I switch back on to get the menu, but all this does is keep looping back to the same menu - none of the functions seem to work). I have a second box (long story - they sent it to me in error, and despite several reminders from me they never sent anyone to collect it again), and I tried putting my hard drive, with hundreds of hours of recorded material, into that box, but that won't work either. What really p****s me off in all this is that now the company seems to have gone down the pan, I can't use any of the functions of my box - it won't even work as a freeview receiver or a pvr, and all my recordings are no longer accessible. At the evry least, does anyone know whether you can access the hard drive in any other way to transfer the files to an external hard drive?

digitl

Post by digitl » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:49 am

mpailthorpe wrote:...and yes, have tried holding the power button when I switch back on to get the menu, but all this does is keep looping back to the same menu...

You need to hold in the standby button on the front panel until you get to the Maintenance Menu. Are you doing that? It can be quite a long wait!
Frank (aka Admin)

mpailthorpe

Post by mpailthorpe » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:58 am

yes - I am holding in the button on the far left - white circle with line sticking out of the top - the maintenance menu comes up fairly quickly (half a dozen options, including formatting the hard drive, reloading the software from USB or online etc etc).

When I try to reload the software online I just get a page that shows progress as 0%, and the word `failed' at the bottom of the page. When I try the `start application' option it starts going through the cycle then just ends up back at that same maintenance option.

So I think I am doing the right thing, or am I missing something. To lose the freeview, HD and prr functions is annoying, having spent £300 to get them, but worse still is to have lost an archive of several hundred hours of recordings.