Section 75 refunds

News and information as it becomes available.
damonq2
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Section 75 refunds

Post by damonq2 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:29 pm

samiam wrote:How is me saying it has gone wrong proof that it has?

Sam.



Sam,

If my experience was anything to go by - http://www.3viewpvr.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5&start=50#p718 - you asserting it's gone wrong isn't the sort of proof that they're looking for. I was asked for a independent report from a reputable company. So I approached a local TV repair company and they were able to provide me with a report that stated the box was irreparable. They charged for this service however my credit card company accepted that and reimbursed me the full cost of the report in the settlement.

All the best with any claim,

Damon.

samiam
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Section 75 refunds

Post by samiam » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:48 pm

damonq2 wrote:
samiam wrote:How is me saying it has gone wrong proof that it has?

Sam.



Sam,

If my experience was anything to go by - http://www.3viewpvr.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5&start=50#p718 - you asserting it's gone wrong isn't the sort of proof that they're looking for. I was asked for a independent report from a reputable company. So I approached a local TV repair company and they were able to provide me with a report that stated the box was irreparable. They charged for this service however my credit card company accepted that and reimbursed me the full cost of the report in the settlement.

All the best with any claim,

Damon.


Thanks Damon. What a palava it all could be!

Sam.

damonq2
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: Section 75 refunds

Post by damonq2 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:03 am

A palava, certainly, but was worth me perceiving. In the end it became a point of principal for me. Took me about three months but, as I said in the original post, that included a number of recorded delivery letters sent to the registered addresses of the various incarnations of 3view.

mb1
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: Section 75 refunds

Post by mb1 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:32 pm

My credit card company, as Damon said, have this week asked me for a letter from a recognised TV repair company to say how long something like a 3view box would be expected to last and a summary of why it's now a write off. Luckily, I'm getting the company that upgraded my TV aerial (ironically for 3view to receive HD channels) to write me one.

User avatar
Barry The Sprout
Site Admin
Posts: 714
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:18 pm
Location: South Coast

Re: Section 75 refunds

Post by Barry The Sprout » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:08 pm

mb1 wrote:My credit card company, as Damon said, have this week asked me for a letter from a recognised TV repair company to say how long something like a 3view box would be expected to last and a summary of why it's now a write off. Luckily, I'm getting the company that upgraded my TV aerial (ironically for 3view to receive HD channels) to write me one.
I would think "at least until the warranty gets a chance to run out" would be a good one.
No one on this forum has ever worked for 3View CE Ltd, we've no association with that dead company. We just own boxes like you. We're a band of hackers trying to get the hardware we have paid for to work. We are doing this for free in our spare time

samiam
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:19 pm

Re: Section 75 refunds

Post by samiam » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:13 pm

It has,

Sam.

Ddave
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:52 pm

Re: Section 75 refunds

Post by Ddave » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:39 pm

I seem to recall that 3View increased the warranty from 12 - 24 months if you registered your box, therefore you may still be covered? (I purchased by Debit card so was stuffed until Codge helped us all out)
DDave

Ddave
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:52 pm

Re: Section 75 refunds

Post by Ddave » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:40 pm

Just found this on the News page "extension of the 3view guarantee from 12 to 24 months, registration makes good sense."

mb1
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:29 pm

Re: Section 75 refunds

Post by mb1 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:55 pm

Ddave wrote:Just found this on the News page "extension of the 3view guarantee from 12 to 24 months, registration makes good sense."
You're also covered despite purchasing with a Debit Card. http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shoppi ... chargeback

My credit card company are now in receipt of what my TV repair company thinks of the box in their opinion (it's broke) and called me this morning to say they will continue to investigate and let me know in a few weeks the outcome.

digitl
Posts: 147
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:46 pm

Re: Section 75 refunds

Post by digitl » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:56 pm

If they say no, raise a complaint with them and tell them that if they don't change their mind then you are going to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). They have 40 working days in which to respond to the complaint but, as it will cost them £500 for the FOS referral, they'll probably find it more cost effective to do the right thing and pay out for a box that doesn't do what it says on the tin.
Frank (aka Admin)

Post Reply